In this busy and stressed lifestyle, people seek for peace, calm and relaxed atmosphere. It would be great to perch on the top of the mountain hill and meditate but that is not possible for everyone out there. Meditation is the only way to help people find serenity amidst life chaos. There is no science in describing the benefits of meditation, as we all are aware of the purported gains of the meditation in human life. The benefits of introducing meditation in everyday routine include reduced anxiety, stress, depression, insomnia, and increased focus.
Meditation creates mindfulness in a person that is an elusive ability to accept everything without affecting the mental and emotional state of mind. But after knowing the advantages of meditation you may wonder: how to start meditating? How long should one meditate daily? What are the correct techniques to meditate? And many other things. To help you with all these queries, meditation apps came into the market.
Let’s discover more about meditation apps
Meditation apps help people streamline their meditation routine and provide a great supplement to mindfulness practice at any time, any place with just a smartphone. There are many meditation apps in the market for discovering your meditation groove.
We have curated a list of the best 10 meditation apps that will work as stress relievers, some are free meditation apps while some offer free trials.
Here are the Best 10 Meditation Apps
- Calm: The app describes its name very perfectly by providing many meditation practices to users to calm their minds. It is available for both platforms: Android and iOS.
Calm is inspired for providing mind relaxing meditation practices rather than focusing on deep thoughts and creativity. It includes meditation sessions ranging from 5 to 25 minutes.
The app has partnered with many celebrities who are indulged in meditation fields such as “Train Your Mind” focused on mental fitness with LeBron James.
It offers breathing exercises, bedtime stories, melodious goodnight rhymes and more. It has a free trial and premium subscription model to unlock more interesting meditation practices.
Read Also : How to Build Meditation App?
- Buddhify: Buddhify is one of the best meditation apps that offers over 200 meditation techniques to help people overcome issues like anxiety, stress, insomnia, mental health, emotional breakdown and more.
An interesting fact about the Buddhify app is that it offers meditation exercises for specific situations such as traveling, at work, morning meditation, and more.
The app follows an in-app purchase model and costs $4.99 for a monthly subscription. Other than the subscription charges, Buddhify does not levy any hidden charges.
It has over 80 custom audio meditation tracks ranging from 5 -30minutues, sleep times, solo meditation timer, and more.
- Sattva: Sattva is a completely free meditation app that is based on ancient Vedic principles. Along with the meditation techniques, the app includes features like sacred sounds, chants, mantras, Sanskrit music and more.
It is a perfect blend of ancient meditation practices and technology that helps you discover the best version of you with its daily meditation guides. It has 4.7 ratings on the Play Store.
Users are motivated to follow the meditation practices through challenge rewards, and meditation games. Also, they can compete with their friends or family over the platform.
- Headspace: It is one of the well-known meditation apps in the market with hundreds of guided meditations, mini-meditations, sleeping sounds, SOS meditations for emergencies, kids meditations and animations to help you better understand meditation.
It is developed by sports scientist-turned-Buddhist monk Andy Puddicombe. Headspace offers 10 meditation sessions to teach you the foundations of meditation and get you in a mindful rhythm.
It costs $7.99 to $12.99 per month after a free trial and free session from many of the app’s collections of meditations
- Insight Timer: Insight Timer is one of the best free meditation apps. For best meditation practices it has many of the most experienced mindfulness teachers on it and allows users to pick and choose depending on how long you have to practice, what style they’d like and more.
Also, users can just set meditation times and start meditating without guidance. Users can also track their progress through the app tracker and progress chart and earn badges to stay motivated.
- YogaGlo: YogaGlo has a large variety of guided meditations to choose from with such well-skilled mentors. It allows users to customize their meditation sessions based on length, teacher, exercise level, meditation goals and more.
It offers a free trial of 7 days and then costs $22.99 for a monthly subscription.
- Breethe: Breethe has many meditation techniques that can be included in your day-to-day life from morning to sleep time. The app is enriched with tools and guidance to encourage users to stay consistent with recommended meditation practices.
Breethe offers customizable meditation sessions of just 5 minutes, useful meditation tips by a mindfulness coach. It includes a meditation series, inspirational talks, masterclasses to help people target inner peace and joy in their life.
- Smiling Mind: This app has been developed by a psychologist to promote mindfulness practices among people as the best medium of wellness, good sleep, and a healthy lifestyle.
It is a free meditation app that has simple 10-minute meditation exercises divided into age-wise categories such as 7-9, 10-12, 13-15, 16-18 and adults. Such age-specific meditation programs can be used to help children struggling with unstable emotions.
Smiling Mind is operated by a non-profit company to benefit people with mindfulness exercises and offer fun programs for both kids and adults.
- Aura: Aura is famous for its daily meditations sessions, life coaching, soothing background sounds, stories, and music. All the meditation exercises are personalized based on users’ moods.
With advanced techniques and patterns to track users’ moods and see how the user is feeling right now to recommend the most suitable meditation sessions. It is a free meditation app with some paid features.
- The Mindfulness App: The Mindfulness App is inspired to make the world a healthier place with meditation techniques and Yoga. The Mindfulness App professionals help people with simple meditation techniques.
The app offers a wide array of soothing meditation tracks to listen to, and simple meditation sessions ranging from 3 to 30 minutes. The sessions can be customized according to the meditator’s mood.
Meditation is a way to find peace within and live a relaxed life. Such apps are getting very popular among people as everybody needs serenity in their life. Meditation app development is also rising and having huge opportunities in the sector. If you are also looking for a mobile app development company to develop a meditation app, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org